Christmas is done & dusted and our Westfield W-League, Hyundai A-League and Foxtel NYL sides are back in action on the road this weekend!
Our Roar Women will be looking to extend their lead at the top of the ladder in a mouthwatering contest against second-placed Perth Glory while our Men will be searching for their third victory of the season at Coopers Stadium on Saturday night.
WESTFIELD W-LEAGUE: PERTH GLORY V BRISBANE ROAR WOMEN
Friday, 29 December (9pm KO QLD time)
Follow @brisbaneroar on Twitter for LIVE updates.
Last time they met
The Glory took the points in the last meeting between the two teams earlier this season while the result has differed in each of the last three meetings in Perth (W1, D1, L1).
Key battle - Clare Polkinghorne v Sam Kerr
Westfield Matildas star Sam Kerr's achievements this year have been well documented but experienced Roar defender, and Matildas teammate, Clare Polkinghorne has been in a rich vein of form in the opening half of the season and will be keen to keep the Glory striker quiet.
How do we shape up against the Glory?
- Only three sides have scored from direct free-kicks in this year's competition - the Glory is one of those sides and the Roar is the only side to have netted twice.
- Only Melbourne City (80.2%) has a better passing accuracy than the Roar (73.3%). The Glory comes in sixth (69.5%).
- No side has conceded fewer goals than the Roar and Mackenzie Arnold has double the number of clean sheets (4) of any shotstopper in the league.
- The Roar is yet to score in the 15 minutes following half-time while the Glory has conceded more goals in that period than any other.
HYUNDAI A-LEAGUE: ADELAIDE UNITED v BRISBANE ROAR
Saturday, 30 December (4:35pm KO QLD time)
Catch all the action LIVE on Fox Sports 501 or follow @brisbaneroar on Twitter for live updates.
Last time they met
The Reds took a 2-1 win at Suncorp Stadium back in Round 2.
Roar striker Massimo Maccarone has netted twice in as many games and will be looking for a third game consecutive match to find the back of the net in. In midfield, Thomas Kristensen provided experience in his first start of the season in last Thursday's clash with the Glory and will again be crucial in the centre of the park.
How do we shape up against the Reds?
- Adelaide United has the worst shot conversion and shooting accuracy in the Hyundai A-League, however the Reds have made the most crosses.
- The Reds clash with the Mariners on Tuesday night was only their second clean sheet for the season. The Roar are in the top echelon of the league with three.
- Both sides have enjoyed scoring in the final half-hour of games with almost half of their goals coming in this period.
- Adelaide has only scored once in the opening 15 minutes of the game while the Roar has conceded more in that time-frame than any other.
FOXTEL NATIONAL YOUTH LEAGUE: BRISBANE ROAR v MELBOURNE CITY
Lanham Park, Grange
Friday, 29 December (4:30pm KO)
Our Young Roar will be looking to bounce back from a defeat against Adelaide United in their last outing in a clash that will be crucial to the makeup of Conference A against Melbourne City. Entry to Lanham Park is free!