Our Roar Women are back on home turf this weekend, this time at Lions Stadium ready to face Adelaide United.
The Roar did the double over the Reds last season, with 1-0 and 4-2 victories in the two meetings, and will be looking to string together back-to-back wins and continue their march in Westfield W-League Season 11.
Our Women enter the contest, which is one of three fixtures to be played at Lions Stadium this campaign, on the back of a 1-0 win on the road against the Wanderers.
If you're joining us at Lions Stadium, or need convincing to do so, here is all you need to know!
Westfield W-League Round 3: Brisbane Roar v Adelaide United
Lions Stadium, Richlands
Sunday, 18 November (3pm KO)
2pm: Gates open
3pm: Kick-off: Brisbane Roar v Adelaide United
Adult tickets are just $10 or you can bring the whole family along for just $25 (2 adults, 2 children) - Grab your tickets HERE.
LAST TIME WE MET
We last took on the Reds in Round 13 last season in what was the only match in which we conceded more than one goal on our travels. Hayley Raso opened the scoring early before goals either side of the break forced us to recover a deficit. Three goals in the final 20 minutes ensured we did just that, recording a 4-2 victory that would prove vital in our run to the Premiership.
- The Roar's two goals this campaign have both come within 15 minutes of either half-time or full-time. The Reds are yet to score, or concede for that matter having played just the one fixture - a scoreless draw in Melbourne.
- Carson Pickett's match-winning free kick against the Wanderers means The Roar is one of only three teams to have scored from a set piece so far this season.
- Only Victory's Christine Nairn has created more chances (11) than Brisbane's Chioma Ubogagu (8).
- American duo Celeste Boureille and Carson Pickett both find themselves inside the top five for passing across the league (2nd & 3rd respectively), as does Katrina Gorry (5th).
PARKING & PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- Limited parking will be available at Lions Richlands.
- If you are travelling by train, Richlands station is a 500m walk from Lions Stadium and is serviced by trains on the Springfield line.
- If you are travelling by bus, the 101 or 460 routes are the best option.
Our Membership team will be on site on to assist with your enquiries. Be sure to head to the Roar Supporters Federation marquee as well for information on how to get involved in our numerous supporter groups.
You can stream the match live on the MyFootball Live App, Live Fast and Data Free for Telstra mobile customers. For viewers outside Australia and New Zealand, you can watch games on the My Football Youtube channel.
Brisbane Roar squad: 1. Mackenzie ARNOLD (gk), 2.Carson PICKETT, 4.Clare POLKINGHORNE (c), 5.Jenna MCCORMICK, 6.Celeste BOUREILLE, 7.Indiah-Paige RILEY, 8.Kaitlyn TORPEY, 9.Chioma UBOGAGU, 10.Katrina GORRY, 11.Natalie TATHEM, 12.Allira TOBY, 14.Summer O’BRIEN, 15.Abbey LLOYD, 17.Yuki NAGASATO, 18.Leah DAVIDSON, 19.Hollie PALMER, 20.Annie GROVE (gk)**two to be omitted**
Adelaide United Squad: 1.Sarah WILLACY(gk), 2.Emily HODGSON, 3.Charlotte GRANT, 5.Gunnhildur JONSDOTTIR, 6.Georgia CAMPAGNALE, 8.Emily CONDON, 9.Fanndis FRIDRIKSDOTTIR, 10.Chelsie DAWBER, 11.Laura JOHNS, 12.Veronica LATSKO, 14.Grace ABBEY, 15.Emma CHECKER (c), 16.Dylan HOLMES, 17.Kahlia HOGG, 20.Sian McLAREN (gk), 22.Amber BROOKS, 23.Michelle HEYMAN **two to be omitted**