For the second consecutive year, the Roar will start their campaign against the Sky Blue of Sydney in a highly-anticipated clash that will open season 2017/18.
Brisbane football fans will be able to watch the Round 1 encounter live on Fox Sports, with kick-off scheduled for 5:20 pm local time.
The Roar will be out to repeat last season's result with Mel Andreatta's side winning 2-1 in the corresponding 2016/17 fixture that was played at Spencer Park, Newmarket.
Brisbane's home campaign will begin on Sunday, 11 November in a mouth watering fixture against the Sam Kerr lead Perth Glory.
In total, twenty-seven (27) Westfield W-League matches will be seen live this season on FOX SPORTS which is ten more than the seventeen (17) matches broadcast last season.
Season 10 of the Westfield W-League competition will run from late October 2017 until early February 2018 and Brisbane Roar Managing Director Mark Kingsman believes Queensland football fans are in for a treat.
"There are so many positives in the 2017/18 fixture list and it is great news that our Roar Women will play five home matches at Suncorp Stadium," Kingsman said.
"We welcome the news that there will be more games shown live on Fox Sports than ever before.
"The commitment to Women's football shown by FFA (Football Federation Australia) with the full support of Brisbane Roar, will definitely help grow the game in this country.
"I know our Head Coach and the entire (Westfield) W-League squad are excited for what lies ahead."
BREAKDOWN OF THE SEASON AHEAD
- Today's announcement confirmed that the Roar will play back-to-back games at Suncorp Stadium in Rounds 2, 4, 8, 10, and 14, giving fans an opportunity to see Brisbane’s Westfield W-League and Hyundai A-League stars in action on the same day at the same location.
- The Roar's first home game of season 2017/18 will be against last season's grand finalists Perth Glory featuring in-form Matildas star Sam Kerr at Suncorp Stadium in Round 2 on Sunday, November 5. Kick-off 13:30pm.
- Notably, in the fixture list for season 10, Head Coach Melissa Andreatta’s side will take on reigning Westfield W-League Champions Melbourne City in Round 8 at Suncorp Stadium and again away on Sunday, 21 January in Round 12 at AAMI Park.
- Brisbane Roar's two-time Westfield W-League winners will return to AJ Kelly Park, home of Peninsula Power FC once again this season for the match against Newcastle Jets on Sunday, 10 December.
- There will be five home broadcasted matches at Suncorp Stadium and four away broadcasted matches featuring the Roar Women in this season's competition.
FFA Head of Hyundai A-League & Westfield W-League, Greg O’Rourke, was proud to release the 10th edition of the Westfield W-League Season draw.
“The competition has come a long way since the inaugural season which began in 2008.
“During the off-season, we have worked very closely with the clubs, venues and FOX SPORTS to produce what I believe is the best Westfield W-League draw to date.
“There are twenty-five (25) Westfield W-League/Hyundai A-League double headers through-out the season which gives fans the opportunity to see more football.
“In addition, the kick-off times during the Summer months have been fixed at later times for player and spectator comfort.
“I would to take this opportunity to thank Patrick Delany and his team at FOX SPORTS for increasing their commitment to broadcasting Women’s Football and we look forward to watching more hours of the Westfield W-League season than ever before,” concluded O’Rourke.